Meet Dr. Thompson
Dr. Scott K. Thompson is a double board certified, facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon and in otolaryngology-head and neck surgery in Salt Lake City, UT. He completed a highly competitive fellowship in facial plastic surgery and has over 10 years of experience in this field. His education and training in the area of facial plastic surgery includes work at the University of Rochester with Dr. Timothy Doerr, a leader in facial reconstruction and trauma, as well as a prestigious fellowship with world renowned facial plastic surgeon and past president of the American Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery, Dr. Vito Quatela. Dr. Thompson is devoted exclusively to the field of facial plastic surgery and is a skilled and respected facial plastic surgeon in this field. See Dr. Thompson on RealSelf.
Because Dr. Thompson’s practice focuses exclusively on conditions of the face, head, and neck, he is uniquely qualified in this area and is able to provide a comprehensive and holistic approach to the care of the face. Procedures include Rhinoplasty (Nose Jobs), Otoplasty (Ear Surgery), Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery) and more. Additionally, his background in the fine arts enhances his ability to balance the technical and creative aspects of his specialty and assists him in his goal of achieving natural surgical results that enhance each individual’s unique and attractive features. As a specialist of the face, Dr. Thompson also emphasizes a minimally invasive and preventive approach to facial and skin care that helps to maintain healthy, youthful features and overall health.
He is committed to ethical, caring, and honest treatment of his patients and works very hard to earn and maintain their trust. Although patient care is his primary focus, Dr. Thompson’s academic, research, and teaching abilities have been recognized throughout his career with numerous awards as well as several scholarly publications. His love of teaching is evident as he educates his patients regarding their individual health care concerns and questions. One particular highlight for Dr. Thompson comes annually as he joins with several of his closest facial plastics colleagues from around the country in treating children with congenital deformities in Ecuador. Dr. Thompson lives in Northern Utah with his wife and four children and enjoys playing the piano, backpacking, basketball, gardening, and most of all, spending time with his family. He also serves on the Davis County Medical Society medical board and recently served as President of the Davis County Medical Society. When considering a physician for your face, trust your face to a facial plastic surgeon. Trust your face to Dr. Thompson.
• American Board of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
• American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
• American College of Surgeons
• Alpha Omega Alpha, Medical Honor Society
• American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery Research Award, 1st Place
• Paul Harrington Outstanding Clinical Paper Award
• John D. Norante Outstanding Research Award
• Commendation for Outstanding Academic Performance, University of Rochester School of Medicine
• Fellowship Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Dr. Vito C. Quatela, University of Rochester School of Medicine
• Chief Resident Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, Strong Memorial Hospital and affiliated university hospitals, Rochester, New York
• Residency Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, Strong Memorial Hospital and affiliated university hospitals, Rochester, New York
• Internship General Surgery, Strong Memorial Hospital and affiliated university hospitals, Rochester, New York
• Medical School University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, New York
•Undergraduate Premedical Education and Bachelor of Arts, Piano Performance, Utah State University, Logan, Utah