What Is Voluma?:
Juvederm Voluma XC is the first and only injectable gel approved by the FDA for the cheek area. This new injectable instantly adds volume, provides a subtle lift, and restores contour for a more youthful profile. This makes Voluma XC is an important product for the injectors at Utah Facial Plastics to provide for instant facial rejuvenation.
Important facts about Juvederm Voluma XC:
- First and only Hyaluronic Acid (HA) filler FDA-approved to instantly add volume to the cheek area, resulting in a subtle lift
- Clinically proven to last up to 2 years with optimal treatment
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC is from the makers of the #1 family of fillers
- After 24 hours, you should be able to resume your normal activities
- Side effects are moderate and generally last 1 to 2 weeks. Common side effects include temporary reactions at the treatment site such as tenderness, swelling, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, pain, redness, discoloration, and itching
How Does Juvederm Voluma XC Work?
Voluma XC is injected under the skin with a small needle, working instantly to add volume and subtly lift the cheek area (see 3 treatment areas of the cheek below). The effects of volumization temporarily reverse the sign of aging.Numbing cream is applied prior to treatment and the product itself contains a numbing agent, called lidocaine, for minimal discomfort during the treatment.
The more youthful profile you can achieve from the procedure lasts up to 2 years with optimal treatment.
The Utah Facial Plastics Difference
As a Preferred Provider with Allergan, Dr. Scott Thompson was one of few physicians in the state of Utah to provide Juvederm Voluma to his patients prior to nationwide release in December of 2013. As a facial plastic surgeon, Dr. Thompson is incredibly experienced and trained in the use of injectables to all areas of the face. He often uses Voluma in conjunction with other injectables for an overall in-office facial rejuvenating procedure, sometimes referred to as a “Liquid Facelift”. By adding volume to the mid-face with Voluma, in conjunction with dermal fillers and Botox to treat more fine lines and wrinkles, dramatic results can be achieved in one visit with no downtime.
Our expert nurse injectors, Alfie Symes and Beth Sheiner, have both been trained specifically under Dr. Thompson and have many years of experience treating patients with Voluma and other injectables. Their results are incredibly natural and they spend ample time with each patient to ensure the best and safest outcome possible.
Learn More About Voluma From Dr. Thompson in the Media
- Restore Facial Volume with Voluma XC
- Dr. Thompson Earns Reputation for Natural Results with Juvederm, Voluma, & Botox
- The Top 3 Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Procedures with Proven Results
- Facelift Surgery Vs Injectables for Facial Rejuvenation
- Dermal Fillers Quick Reference Guide
- How Does A Non-Surgical Facelift Work?
- How To Look Young Without Going Under the Knife
- “Overdone” – How To Avoid Plastic Surgery Abuse
- Look Younger Without Surgery with Dr. Thompson on Good Things Utah