Taking care of yourself as you age should be one of your top priorities. Nobody likes the idea of growing old, so it’s little wonder that the anti-aging industry for men is growing each year. The number of men requesting Botox and filler injections, visiting hair salons, and opting for cosmetic surgery, is booming. Here are a few simple tips to compliment your salon and cosmetic enhancements and to keep aging at bay:
Choose health and wellness, every day, because “healthy is as healthy does.”
- You are what you eat. Eating a Mediterranean-type diet, which includes fish, chicken, fruits, and vegetables with a moderate amount of carbs, will keep you healthy, young and fit.
- Move it. Daily exercise will help you maintain balance, body tone, and flexibility – very important considerations as you age. Aerobic exercise is good for your heart and brain. Men who are trim and fit look and feel younger than those who are flabby.
- Don’t smoke. Please quit if you can. Smoking creates wrinkles and fine lines around your eyes and mouth. It stains your teeth, dulls your skin, and causes health problems that will rapidly age you.
- Sleep well and remember, short naps are wonderful. Most adults need seven to nine hours of sleep every night. A lack of sleep can result in bags under your eyes that make you appear older.
Here’s the “skinny” on your skin – it’s one of the first things others notice about you.
- Clean and smooth. Using a gentle cleanser and a rich moisturizer every day will help you look younger. Dry-looking skin simply exaggerates the signs of aging.
- Water, water, water…not diet soda. Try to drink six to eight cups of water a day. Water gives your skin a firmer tone and a more youthful appearance.
- Sunscreen, hats and sunglasses. Over-exposure to the sun is cumulative, and can cause wrinkles and age spots that give away your age.
- And, last but not least, call, today, to schedule an appointment to learn about the many anti-aging treatments we offer for men at Utah Facial Plastics: (801) 776-2220.
The comments are closed.