Chin implants are the option of choice for anyone who feels their chin is poorly shaped, small or does not fit well with their facial shape.
Chin augmentation surgery can add proportion and balance to your chin as it relates to your other facial features.
Chin augmentation is accomplished with implants which increase the size or modify the shape of your chin.
Here are a few things to consider:
- Chin augmentation offers many aesthetic benefits for those who have a recessed, pointed or square chin, a prominent nose or a fleshy neck.
- If you are in good health and have reasonable expectations, you would be a good candidate for chin augmentation.
- Men typically pursue chin implants to achieve a squarer, more masculine chin, while women undergo chin augmentation to enhance a chin that is too small or droopy.
- Keep in mind that chin implant surgery will create a permanent change in your appearance.
- A chin implant won’t make you look like someone else, but it can enhance and balance your features.
- Chin augmentation may be performed in conjunction with a “nose job” (rhinoplasty), eyelid surgery, a forehead lift or a facelift.
- The chin implant, which is made of a silicone material and is shaped somewhat like the narrow chin guard of a sports helmet, is placed through an incision under your chin.
- Chin augmentation surgery takes about one hour; recovery is typically quick.
- After the surgery, you will have some mild bruising and swelling that can last a few days. Dr. Thompson will advise you as to what to watch for as far as excessive or abnormal swelling or bruising.
If you think you would be a good candidate for chin augmentation surgery, call to request a consultation or contact Jess, online, if you have questions prior to your appointment.
During your consultation, Dr. Thompson will discuss the relationship of your chin to your nose and other facial features, and will make a recommendation based on these factors and your unique concerns and desires. Call, today: (801) 776-2220.
The comments are closed.