We’re excited to share that Khloe Kardashian is the new face of Kybella, the double-chin eliminating injectable from Allergan, the makers of Botox.
Kybella has already gained a lot of attention as the first injectable to completely dissolve fat cells. But now with Khloe Kardashian supporting the treatment, interest is projected to sky-rocket.
We all know Khloe looks absolutely amazing and is loved for being the most “real” and “honest” of the Kardashian clan. And Khloe Kardashian sponsors Kybella. So what is it and how does it work?
Kybella contains deoxycholic acid, which is naturally found in the skin and plays a large role in fat management. When injected into the fatty area below the chin, the fat literally melts away as the deoxycholic acid breaks down the membranes that the body then eliminates through natural processes. Unlike fat loss, in which the fat cells shrink, Kybella destroys the cells permanently and only major changes in lifestyle and diet could bring the same amount of submental fullness back.
While the fat cells immediately start to break down upon injection, results aren’t apparent until the swelling goes down, which can take 1-4 weeks depending on the patient and how much Kybella was injected. Most patients will require a series of 3-4 treatments of 1-2 vials but up to 6 treatments may be required for more advanced fullness. It’s important to consult with an educated injector who can make proper recommendations, such as Utah facial plastic surgeon, Dr. Scott Thompson, or his Nurse Injector, Alfie Symes.
Khloe Kardashian is kicking off the “Live Chin Up” campaign by sharing 5 ways she lives chin up. In her own words, they are as followings:
- “I work out six days a week because it helps me feel strong, mentally and physically.”
- “Prayer is very important to me and gives me strength when I need it most.”
- “When I need to take time for myself, listening to music is my quick and easy escape from the world.”
- “I make a conscious effort to give back to the world around me. A little kindness and compassion goes a long way.”
- “I surround myself with family and friends – they motivate me and help me remember what is really important in life.”
As part of the #livechinup campaign, Utah Facial Plastics is offering $100 rebates on all initial Kybella treatments or $200 in rebates when treated in combination with Botox. This special runs until June 30th, 2016. For more information or an appointment, call (801)776-2220.
The comments are closed.