Non-surgical treatments continue to skyrocket in popularity each year as procedures are typically quick, effective, and involve minimal downtime. There are many incredible products on the market with many more coming down the pipeline. Just this year, Voluma broke into the market specifically designed for the mid-face and studies showing results lasting up to 2 years, which was longer than any other injectable on the market until today.

Suneva Medical Inc. announced earlier today that after a five year study, Bellafill is now the only FDA approved dermal filler that has demonstrated safety and effectiveness for up to five years. The study is the largest and longest dermal filler study ever conducted. It involved 1000 patients across the US with no serious adverse events reported. At the 5 year mark, 83% of patients treated with Bellafill were still “satisfied” to “very satisfied” with their results.


“Injection-based cosmetic treatments and the expansion of the dermal filler market have established a strong need for data that demonstrate the outcomes of these products over time,” said Nicholas L. Teti, Jr., Chairman and CEO of Suneva Medical.

“The demand for injectables is rapidly increasing and this type of clinical study supplies data that allow physicians to use the filler with confidence,” add Dr. Steven Cohen, FACS and clinical professor at the University of California, San Diego.

Bellafill works by replacing depressed areas in the skin due to acne scarring or aging. The collagen in the product adds immediate volume while the PMMA (polymethylemethacrylate) microspheres remain in place to create a matrix that supports collagen production in your skin. Previous studies on Bellafill show the correction mechanism in this product stems from a combined action of the patient’s own connective tissue, comprising 80% of the effect, and the microsphere from the injection, that make up the remaining 20%.

To learn more about what Bellafill can do for you, visit our Bellafill page or call (801)776-2220 for a free consultation.

Click HERE for the full report of the study conducted by Suneva Medical.

Tagged with: , , , , ,

Posted in: acne scarring, Aging, Articles, Bellafill, dermal fillers, Injectables

Don't Hesitate To Contact Us


Draper Office
723 East 12200 South
Suite 200
Draper, UT 84020

Layton Office
2255 N 1700 W
Suite 205
Layton, UT 84041

Don't Hesitate To
Contact Us

CALL  801.776.2220

Draper Office

  • 723 East 12200 South
  • /
  • Suite 200
  • /
  • Draper, UT84020

Layton Office

  • 2255 N 1700 W
  • /
  • Suite 205
  • /
  • Layton, UT84041

Request an Appointment

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Scroll to Top