• You’re holding your baby on your lap when he grabs at your shiniest, newest pair of dangling ear bling and before you know it, baby has ripped the earring right out of your ear. Yikes!
• You’ve worn stylish but very large, heavy earrings for many years and the shape of your earlobes has drastically changed…to unsightly and floppy. Ug!
• You joined a band and decided to get ear gauges. Very cool, right? Then reality set in. You couldn’t get a job, you were getting lots of negative attention – and you woke up one day wishing for nomal-looking ears.
Dr. Thompson meets the challenge of repairing earlobes when gauges are removed or when the lobes have been torn or stretched. His goal is to provide the patient with normal-looking lobes.
• Gauges found fashion in the late 90’s and are not simple piercings. They create holes that can be large and disfiguring when removed. The holes can shrink back if they are small, but larger ones need plastic surgery to close them and reshape the earlobe.
• Earlobe reconstruction restores earlobes that have become stretched and floppy through many years of wearing heavy earrings.
• The tearing of earlobes is very common and may be complete or partial. The repair is a fairly simple, short surgical procedure involving removal of the skin between the tears in the earlobe and closing the repair with tiny sutures.
At Utah Facial Plastics, Dr. Thompson specializes in repairing torn or disfigured earlobes and those that have had their gauges removed. The surgery is usually done in under an hour in our offices under local anesthesia and there is no down time.
Note: If you decide to re-pierce your ears, we recommend you wait at least six weeks following reconstructive surgery.
Call us today at 801.776.2220 for a consultation with Dr. Thompson. You ears will thank you!