Before and After Getting a Filler Treatment
- Posted on: Aug 29 2019
Filler is one of our favorite and most popular aesthetic treatments at Utah Facial Plastics because filler can restore volume and enhance one’s natural features in just one quick treatment. We are giving you all of our best tips for before and after treatment to help you prepare for your next filler procedure at UFP.
Before Filler Treatment
The first thing we always recommend before getting filler is to do your research on injectors. Don’t shop for the best deal and most importantly, don’t Groupon your face. You want to go to someone who is reputable, educated and most importantly…experienced. Also, when meeting a provider for the first time, if you don’t feel comfortable, do not feel obligated to receive treatment from them. When complications arise or patients are unhappy with their results, often times it’s because of the injector and not the actual product that was injected.
Filler is used to add volume, fill in wrinkles or enhance various areas of the face. Common areas include the lips, cheeks, under-eyes, temples, nose (liquid rhinoplasty), jaw line, chin and around the mouth.
Common fillers used at UFP include Juvederm Ultra, Juvederm Ultra Plus, Juvederm Voluma, Juvederm Volbella, Juvederm Vollure, Restylane, Restylane Lyft, Restylane Silk, Restyalne Refyne/Defyne and Sculptra.
Prior to treatment it’s best to avoid blood thinners such as Ibuprofen, Vitamin E and fish oil approximately 3-5 days prior to treatment. This will help reduce possible bruising and swelling.
After Filler Treatment
- Immediately after treatment, ice the area where injected (an ice pack is provided at UFP). This will help reduce bruising and swelling. Be gentle (light pressure) and ice no longer than 10 minutes at a time. Swelling and/or bruising typically resolves within 3-7 days for most areas.
- Do not rub or massage the treated area.
- Strenuous exercise can increase blood flow cause more swelling and or bruising.
- Once bleeding has stopped, you can apply makeup. Make sure that any brush or applicator you are using is clean to avoid infection.
- Alcohol and salty foods the first 24 hours can increase bruising and swelling.
To schedule a complimentary filler consultation, please call our office at (801) 776-2220 or contact us HERE.