Laser Hair Removal Utah
Get Laser Hair Removal in Salt Lake City, UT
Laser Hair Removal is the most high-tech, long-lasting hair removal option in the Utah market. The ideal candidate for Laser Hair Removal in Utah is someone with unwanted hair growth who has dark hair and light skin.
People with light hair are not ideal as the laser is designed to be attracted to dark hair that contains a significant amount of melanin. People with natural-born or tan-induced darker skin are not ideal as the laser can get absorbed in the pigmentation and will not reach the hair follicle for proper treatment, which can also lead to skin discoloration.
Laser Hair Removal FAQs
- The laser emits an invisible, pulsating light that identifies and then kills the melanin, or dark pigment, in the hair.
- This procedure is done while the hair is in its growth phase (one of three phases that also includes resting and shedding.)
- It can take anywhere from a matter of minutes to an hour depending on the amount of the area being treated.
- Laser Hair Removal is the ideal treatment for treating large areas of the body at once because it is designed to target multiple hair follicles at one time.
- Smaller more sensitive areas such as the upper lip and chin can also be treated with the laser
It generally takes more than one session for the best results and though hair may start coming out in a week to two weeks and can be further helped by proper exfoliation, true results will not be evident for up to one year due to your hairs natural growth cycle, which generally last about 6 months.
Laser Hair Removal results vary from patient to patient with an average result of a reduction of approximately 80% hair growth when treatment was administered over four to six appointments. Some patients accomplish a complete hair removal that is permanent while still others may notice very little change in their hair growth.
As with any procedure invasive or non-invasive, finding a qualified professional makes all the difference. If used incorrectly by an unskilled physician, burns can incur which can be very painful as well as potentially scarring. When used properly, however, most patients report that Laser Hair Removal pain is akin to a rubber band snapping against your skin.
People with more sensitive skin can be given a topical anesthetic to help alleviate the pain. Following the procedure some patients may have some slight swelling or redness, but it is generally minor and subsides in a few days.
Contact Us Today!
Laser Hair Removal is not for everyone, but for certain people tired of dealing with unwanted, embarrassing hair growth, it can be the ideal option.
Interested in getting laser hair removal treatment in Salt Lake City, Draper, Layton, Utah and the surrounding areas? Contact Utah Facial Plastics for more information or to schedule an appointment call (801) 776-2220 or fill out our contact form here.
Read Our Patient Testimonials Here