Botox/Dysport & Fillers
- Avoid all blood thinners 1 week before having your injection. This may include: Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Aleve, Motrin, Vitamin E, Fish Oil, Garlic, Ginseng, St. John’s Wort, Ginko biloba, and Primrose oil.
- Avoid alcohol 1-2 days prior to treatment to lessen chances of bruising.
- Bruising and swelling are always a possibility. Plan procedures 2-3 weeks before important events.
- No dental work 2 weeks prior to your treatment
- Arnica is optional prior to treatment to help minimize bruising. We carry multiple options within our office.
- If possible, come to your appointment with a clean face, free of makeup.
- We will not treat you with neurotoxins or dermal fillers if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not get Botox/Dysport if you have a neuromuscular disorder
- Please eat before your appointment as there as in increase for light-headedness/fainting when receiving treatment on an empty stomach
Botox/Dysport & Fillers
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours
- Do not apply makeup preferably for 4 hours after treatment. Waiting 24 hours is best.
- Continue to avoid alcohol for 1-2 days if bruising occurs as it could worsen.
- Continue to avoid blood thinning medications for up to 1 week as bruising occurs.
- Some people feel that continuing to take arnica after treatment (while bruising persists) can help to heal bruising faster.
- Call the office immediately if the areas treated become red or hot to the touch days after treatment.
Additional After Care for Botox/Dysport:
- Do not lay down for 4 hours after treatment
- Avoid massaging or applying pressure to the treated area for 24 hours. This includes avoiding wearing a tight hat if your forehead was treated.
- Be patient- It takes up to two weeks to see full results. We will not inject anything else within 2 weeks.
- Follow up with your injector after 2 weeks if you feel any tweaks are needed.
- Average longevity is 3-4 months, but normal to see some movement returning after 8-10 weeks.
Additional After Care for Fillers:
- No dental work 2 weeks after your treatment
- Avoid massaging the treated area. Filler will settle and soften on its own
- Call the office immediately if you notice patchy appearing blotches in the area treated or around the areas treated, have severe of increasing pain, or the area becomes red or hot to the touch the day/days after treatment.