Drs. Thompson and Henstrom have presented research at several national meetings and has published extensively both in the facial plastic and head and neck literature. They continue to actively pursue research interests in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery. Listed below are professional society affiliations, publications, research pursuits, and honors and awards received over the past several years.
Current Medical Research
- Thompson, SK, Quatela VC. Long-term effects of the endoscopic forehead / midface lift on periorbital aesthetics.
- Quatela VC, Thompson SK. The use of On-Q pain management system in endoscopic forehead / midface lift surgery.
- Congdon DJ, Quatela VC, Thompson SK. The Accuracy of Computer Imaging in Facial Plastic Surgery and its Correlation to Patient Satisfaction.
- Quatela VC, Thompson SK, Bak MJ. A Novel Method for Harvesting Costal Cartilage. Publication pending
- Quatela VC, Thompson SK, Goldman NR. Microtia Reconstruction. Facial Plastic Surgery Clinics.
- Thompson SK, Zhu X, Olney DR, Frisina RD. Estrogen Blockade Reduces Cochlear Auditory Feedback in CBA Mice. Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery. 2006;135(1):100-5.
- Thompson SK, Doerr TD, Hengerer AS. Infectious Mononucleosis and Corticosteroids: Management Practices and Outcomes. Archives of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery. 2005;131:900-904.
- Quatela VC, Thompson SK, Congdon D. Submental rhytidoplasty following rhytidectomy and platysmaplasty. ENT ? Ear, Nose and Throat Journal. 2004; 83(2):94-95.
- Thompson SK, Wein RO, Dutcher PO. External auditory canal foreign bodies: Management Practices and Outcomes. Laryngoscope. 2003; 113(11):1912-15.
- Thompson SK, Coniglio JU, Schwartz RH, Holzhauer RJ, Pulli RS. Non-Malignant Nerve Sheath Tumors of the Upper Airway in Pediatric Patients: Two Case Reports and Discussion of Diagnostic and Therapeutic Tools. Pediatric Asthma, Allergy and Immunology. 2000; 13(3):195-204.
- Thompson SK, Trang TT, Zettel ML, and Frisina RD. Upregulation of parvalbumin immunoreactivity in the auditory thalamus of aged C57 mice. Assoc Res Otolaryngology Abstr; 23, 226 (2000).
- Chen LL, Thompson SK, Trang TT, Zettel ML, Karcich KK, Lynch-Armour M. and Frisina DR. Age-related neurochemical changes in the ventral division of the MGB of the CBA mouse model of presbycusis. Assoc Res Otolaryngology Abstr; 23, 225 (2000).
- Trang TT, Thompson SK, Zettel ML, Karcich KJ, and Frisina RD. Age-related alterations in calbindin immunoreactivity in the dorsal and medial divisions of the MGB of CBA mice. Assoc Res Otolaryngology Abstr; 23, 226 (2000).
- Gullapalli VK, Diloreto D, Chawla, DK, Lazar E, Janardham S, Thompson SK, Harrison T, del Cerro M, del Cerro C. An experimental model of photoreceptor cell, RPE, Bruch’s membrane, and choriocapillaris pathology. Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO) meeting, April 1997.
- American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery Foundation Resident Research Grant. Estrogen Blockade and Otoacoustic Emissions. Principal Investigator: Scott K. Thompson. July 1, 2004 – June 30, 2005. $10,000.
Thompson SK, Zhu X, Olney DR, Frisina RD. Estrogen Blockade Reduces Cochlear Auditory Feedback in CBA Mice. American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery annual meeting, Los Angeles, CA, September 2005.
Thompson SK, Doerr TD, Hengerer AS. Infectious Mononucleosis and Corticosteroids: Management Practices and Outcomes. Triological Society Eastern Section Meeting, New York, NY, January 2004.
Thompson SK. University of Rochester Department of Otolaryngology Grand Rounds Presentations:
- Microtia Reconstruction, April 2006
- Complications of Rhinosinusitis, January 2005
- Cutaneous Vascular Lesions, October 2004
- Endoscopic Sinus Surgery – Anatomic Considerations, June 2004
- Salivary Gland Pathology, March 2003
- Penetrating Neck Trauma, November 2002
- Caustic Ingestion, April 2002
- Otomicroscopy, February 2002
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea, November 2001
- Tonsillectomy and Allergic Illnesses, September 2001