Step inside Utah Facial Plastics state-of-the-art accredited surgical suite where our surgeons perform the majority of their surgeries including facelifts, rhinoplasties, and more. The operating facility is on site at our Draper location, making it convenient, comfortable, and extremely safe when having and recovering from your procedure. Where you have your procedure is a vital key when researching your facial plastics procedure of choice. With combined talent and considerate care, Utah Facial Plastics physicians have made this space possible for our patients ensuring a smooth and pleasant experience.
Utah Facial Plastics Accredited Operating Facility: Why Accreditation Matters?
The American Society of Plastic Surgery requires members to operate out of facilities that are routinely monitored for safety and quality. Unfortunately, there are many facilities that surgeons are operating from that are not accredited and monitored. Utah Facial Plastics surgeons are board-certified and our operating room has the highest level of accreditation as an outpatient surgical center.
Finding out if your surgery center is accredited is simple. Visit JCAHO, AAAHC, or AAAASF for more information, or to find an accredited surgery center near you. Here are the top reasons why accreditation matters:
- Physician's certifications are routinely checked, making sure all doctors operating in the facility are currently licensed.
- An accredited facility will monitor and report incidents of infections, complications, and other concerns related to patient safety to the medical board and health department.
- Quality management ensures the best patient care standards are met, from equipment, sanitation, and staffing.
- Patient care and treatment plans are reviewed and updated regularly, making them current with updated standards.
- Supplies, drug, and medication expiration dates are checked and made current.
- Surgeons serve as peer review monitors for each other, ensuring quality of care.
- Anesthesia standards are clearly set, and always administered by a licensed anesthesiologist.
- Accredited ambulatory facilities are shown to have very low rates of serious complications and low mortality rates.
The AAAASF is the ambulatory certifying association. The goal is to provide a standard ensuring safety to patients who are having surgery in a facility. There is a rigorous application process that takes place requiring facilities to have proper policies, procedures, anesthesia administration guidelines, equipment, and surgery performance guidelines. An AAASF inspector visits the surgical suite routinely to make sure we are abiding by standards as well as updating us on any changes. This process ensures that we are operating at the highest of standards that are just as good if not better than in a hospital setting. The AAAFS is highly endorsed by the AAFPRS and the ASPS.
When cosmetic procedure is performed there are likely 3 fees involved with having a procedure. There is the physician fee, facility fee, and anesthesia fee. These fees will be displayed on your quote. If there is an implant, rib cartilage, or other added material needed that will also be added onto list of fees. These fees are standard from office to office, whether it is a cosmetic or insurance case.
Utah Facial Plastics operating center is an outpatient facility. We have two private recovering rooms where patients stay until they are ready to go home and discharged by one of our recovery nurses. If recommended by the doctor or requested by the patient, we do offer the option of an overnight stay for an extra fee. You will be monitored overnight by one of our certified nurses who will monitor your medications, provide wound care as needed, and ensure your stay is safe, pleasant, and comfortable. Your patient care coordinator will discuss this information with you at your consultation.
Meet the team
Shelby- O.R. Director
Would you like more information on our surgical procedures or are you ready to schedule? Fill out this consultation form and one of our patient care coordinators will be in touch.