AccuTite (Minimally-Invasive Skin Tightening)
Lift & Tighten Without Surgery
Dr. Thompson and Henstrom are excited to offer AccuTite, which uses the same cutting-edge radio frequency technology as FaceTite, but for smaller areas to lift and tighten. This allows our surgeons to lift and tighten even more areas of the face and body without surgery. Common areas treated with AccuTite include the folds around the mouth, upper and lower eyelids, brows, marionette lines and neck.
AccuTite is performed by both physicians and often combined with additional procedures, such as FaceTite, Morpheus8, submental liposuction and/or filler for full rejuvenation in just one visit. AccuTite is perfect for patients looking to lift and tighten without the scalpel.
Frequently Asked Questions
AccuTite delivers RF energy below the skin’s surface to lift and tighten with the same radofrequency (RF) energy as FaceTite. The difference is in the size of cannula used during each procedure. FaceTite has a larger probe that is used primarily for the lower face and neck. As previously mentioned, common areas for AccuTite include the folds around the mouth (smile lines), upper and lower eyelids, brow, marionette lines and neck. This non-surgical tightening device comes with little risk and little downtime. The end result is a more contoured, rejuvenated appearance with results that will continue to improve for up to one year after treatment.
Dr. Scott Thompson and Dr. Douglas Henstrom, both double board certified facial plastic surgeons in Utah, offer complimentary consultations for AccuTite at this time. During a consultation, they will discuss your concerns, perform a comprehensive facial exam, review your medical history and determine the best course of action for you.
Financial information is then given by one of our Patient Care Coordinator’s and provide additional information as needed, such as before and after photos, post-care instructions, patient reviews, etc.
Our surgeons prescribe Valium to take 30 minutes prior to treatment as well as Pronox to ease any pain and anxiety during treatment. Local anesthesia is administered before tiny incisions are made to insert a small metal probe beneath the skin. This probe is gently used to deliver radio frequency energy, which causes underlying tissue to contract and tighten. The incisions are so small that no sutures are needed and there is no scarring involved.
Patients are awake and should not feel any pain. Depending on the number of areas being treated, this procedure typically takes anywhere from 15 minutes to one hour.
- Minimal downtime (3-4 days)
- Minimal-to-no pain
- Penetrates deeper into than skin than other skin tightening devices
- Safe & FDA approved
- Results can be seen within one week and continue to improve for up to one year
- No stitches or visible scars
- Performed by experienced surgeons only
- Can be combined with additional procedures during the same visit
- Most patients require just 2-3 days of downtime with some possible bruising that may last up to 10 days. This bruising can typically be covered with camouflage makeup after 3-4 days. It’s best to avoid exercise for approximately 1 week after treatment. A compression garment may be given, depending on the areas treated, to wear all day for 3 days and then at night for 2 more weeks.
- Patients typically notice visible improvement around one week following treatment with 60-70% of results apparent by week six. Tightening and contouring will continue for up to 9 to 12 months post treatment. While results typically last around 5 years, a patient will look better at the 5 year mark following AccuTite than if they hadn’t had treatment. It helps to follow a good skincare regimen and use daily sunscreen. Living a healthy lifestyle can help maintain results as well.
Accutite Resource Guide
Contact Us Today!
Interested in getting AccuTite in Salt Lake City, Draper, Layton, Utah and the surrounding areas? Contact Utah Facial Plastics for more information or to schedule an appointment call (801) 776-2220 or fill out our contact form here.