MAINTAIN YOUR HEALTHY SKIN – EVERY DAY!
- Posted on: Aug 15 2015
It’s a fact: The benefits of exercise and healthy eating make you feel great on the inside!
It’s a fact: Caring for your skin makes you look great on the outside!
Your skin is the largest organ in your body. Taking care of it should be a top priority!
SIX things you can do to maintain your skin’s natural beauty:
1. Protect your skin from the sun. Old Sol..one of the major causes of your skin’s premature aging. It is a given that you must protect your skin from damaging UV rays. That means using a sunscreen of SPF 30 on your face every day – even on days when the sun doesn’t shine. Today’s moisturizers make that easy!
2. Protect your skin from dryness. The epidermis (top layer) of your skin is about 30% water, much of it being bound in the lipids which prevent water from evaporating. Using a good moisturizer with ingredients like coconut oil can increase your skin’s ability to bind water.
3. Clean your skin properly. Wash gently with warm water. Stay away from soap which is alkaline and changes the pH of your skin causing itching and dryness. Choose a liquid cleanser or cleansing cream with a natural ingredient like coconut oil to dissolve dirt and makeup. Follow with a rosewater and glycerin rinse twice a day to remove skin-damaging pollutants. Facial cleansing wipes are another popular alternative to soap. Avoid scrubbing with a rough cloth or using micro-bead exfoliators.
4. Keep your hands off your face. Your hands touch many surfaces and are magnets for dirt and germs. Rub your eyes, stroke your chin, cup your cheek and you’ve transferred everything on your hands to your face.
5. Avoid these three skin destroyers: Smoking, tanning salons and sunbathing. All three will age your skin prematurely.
6. Check your skin carefully. If you are over 40, you should have a total body scan by your doctor every year to check for possible signs of skin cancer. All women should check their own skin periodically. Call Dr. Thompson immediately if you find a suspicious mole or growth!
Posted in: Facial Rejuvenation