Rhinoplasty can Refine These Aspects of Your Nose
- Posted on: Feb 15 2019
Noses, like body-type, can be significantly different from one person to another. Unlike general body type, the nose does not offer much opportunity to “work with what you’ve got.” For this reason, many people consider refining the shape or size of their nose with surgical rhinoplasty.
Nose reshaping with rhinoplasty was one of the top 5 procedures in cosmetic surgery last year and made more than 200,000 people very happy with their appearance. Generally speaking, rhinoplasty is conducted with the objective of improving harmony across the entire face. Exactly how this is achieved depends on the problematic structure of the nose.
A nose job can correct:
- The nasal tip. Many people feel as though the tip of their nose is too flat and doesn’t project enough, or that it is too full and bulbous or droopy. The nasal tip may be corrected using cartilage from inside the nose or from the ear.
- The nostrils. There is a problem that may be described as nostril flare, in which the nostrils spread out widely from the base of the nose. Precise incisions can be made to reduce width and bring the nostrils into better proportion with the nasal tip and bridge of the nose.
- The bridge. Usually, dorsal reduction is performed to minimize a hump on the bridge of the nose. In some cases, this technique performed inside the nose may decrease width or crookedness at the bridge.
- The columella. The tissue that separates the nostrils is called the columella. In some patients, this area of cartilage and skin is prominent and easily visible beneath the nose. Rhinoplasty can correct this with a small incision inside the nose to lift up the sagging tissue.
- Breathing. It is no secret that rhinoplasty can correct a deviated septum. Using careful technique, the skilled surgeon straightens the septum so air flows more efficiently through each nostril.
Learn more about Rhinoplasty
Our team serves the areas of Layton, Draper, Salt Lake City, and everywhere in between. Rhinoplasty is an intricate collection of techniques that should only be performed by board-certified plastic surgeons. To consult with us about this procedure, call (801) 776-2220.
Posted in: Nose surgery