April 1, 2016
What is Kybella?
Kybella is the new injectable used in adults to approve the appearance and profile of moderate to severe chin fat, also called the double chin. Kybella can be a great option for those who might not want to have a more invasive procedure like liposuction, where a head wrap is required to wear for 5 days following the procedure.
How Does Kybella Work?
Kybella contains deoxycholic acid, which is naturally found in the found and plays a large role in fat management. When injected under the chin, the deoxycholic acid breaks down the membranes of fat cells and literally melts them away. Once results are achieved, the fat will not come back without major diet and lifestyle changes.
What Are The Benefits of Kybella?
Some of the benefits of Kybella include:
- Non invasive injections, in and out type of procedure that does not require anesthesia
- Easy to tolerate procedure, not as invasive as liposuction
- Minimal bruising, if any
- Mild to moderate swelling, lasting anywhere from 2-7 days, this also varies per person
- Causes destruction of fat cells, once those cells are destroyed they cannot accumulate fat
- No actual downtime or restrictions
- No compression or headwrap as recommended with liposuction
For many, no amount of exercise and/or dieting can completely redefine the jawline. It’s often genetic and a very common area of concern. If you are considering removing that double chin, it’s best to come in for a consultation to determine if Kybella is right for you! We offer consultations at both our Layton and Draper locations in Utah with Dr. Thompson or Alfie, Nurse Injector.
Learn more about Kybella HERE.
Written by Sydnee – Medical Assistant and Master Esthetician at UFPTags: double chin, draper, injectable, kybella, layton, submental fat, submental liposuction, utah
This post was written by Jenny Yergensen