What’s trending and popular for spring? Laser skin resurfacing. It’s the #1 anti-aging aesthetic procedure we offer at Utah Facial Plastics. Fine lines, sun-damage, acne scaring, birthmarks and age spots can all benefit from this amazing procedure. Laser skin resurfacing also effectively treats actinic keratosis (scaly, rough patches on your skin that develop from years of exposure to the sun) and syringomas (harmless sweat duct tumors that appear as tiny white bumps clustered by the eyelids or forehead).
- Due to cumulative sun damage and genetics, a gradual loss of collagen thins your skin and eventually fine lines and wrinkles form, age spots appear and your skin tone changes.
- Thompson uses Sandstone Medical’s revolutionary Fractional CO2 laser – an effective and predictable way to re-introduce collagen back into your skin and provide gentle but effective skin resurfacing. The Fractional CO2 Laser is the newest and most modern advance in laser technology and allows Dr. Thompson to exercise a high level of control and precision.
- The laser works using a high-energy beam of CO2 light which vaporizes lines, wrinkles, scars, age spots and other irregularities, layer by layer. This process also stimulates the formation of new collagen for continued improvement.
- The laser is used to its capacity, with the depth, width, pattern and power customized to match your unique needs. You will see a smoother, fresher look to your skin. Usually one treatment gives great results, but in patients with deeper wrinkles a second treatment may be needed.
- Following treatment, there will be some slight swelling and redness. You must avoid exposure to the sun and apply sunscreen faithfully.
- Over the next seven to ten days, the damaged outer layers of you skin will essentially slough off – so schedule this procedure when you have time to heal and take care of yourself.
- Laser resurfacing results can last up to ten years, with one to two treatments required, depending on each patient’s needs.
- Following treatment, your wrinkles will be noticeably reduced, your skin tone will be evened out, your skin will glow and your collagen will thicken, providing you with a more youthful appearing skin.
Call to book your complementary consultation appointment, today, and re-new your skin for spring: (801) 776-2220.