More Youthful Hands Can Be Yours With Radiesse®
- Posted on: Jun 15 2016
Expensive face cream is a worthy addition to your anti-aging arsenal. But if you are neglecting your hands, try as you might, it’s possible your hands are giving away your age.
Your hands age faster than your face and are susceptible to the first signs of aging because they are constantly exposed to the harmful rays of the sun. The skin on the back of your hands is thinner than the skin on your face and there is a minimum of fat on the back of your hands – so when your natural elastin and collagen break down, it shows. The result is wrinkly, crepe-like skin with large, exposed veins which become larger over time.
The perfect solution is a hand rejuvenation procedure at Utah Facial Plastics. We specialize in the number-one professional hand-care rejuvenation treatment – injectable dermal fillers. When used on the back of the hands, dermal fillers add volume and put back some of the cushion under the skin that has been lost.
- One of the most popular of these FDA approved injectable fillers is Radiesse®.
- A treatment takes 20-30 minutes and is done in our office.
- Using a tiny needle, Radiesse® is injected into each area of your hands that require treatment.
- There may be some swelling, redness or brushing following the treatment but these will quickly fade.
- There is no downtime. You can return to your normal activities immediately.
- You will see immediate improvement, but the full results of the treatment will manifest in about two weeks.
- Results last about three to six months.
And – consider these tips to keep your hands their loveliest:
- Be generous with sunscreen, not only on your face but your hands.
- Buy a good quality hand cream and use it often. Using hand moisturizers as early as your 20s is a great anti-aging strategy.
- Wear rubber-gloves if your hands are exposed to harsh cleaning products or chemicals.
Would you like to learn more about dermal fillers or any of the other amazing aesthetic treatments we offer? Call for a consultation appointment, today (801) 776-2220.