Hair transplant surgery is a cosmetic procedure that is particularly common among men who experience male pattern baldness. The professionals with UFP Hair Restoration can help you fight this genetic condition with hair replacement surgery, also known as hair transplant surgery.
Hair transplant surgery with UFP Hair Restoration involves moving healthy hair from one location on your body or scalp to a different balding spot with small grafts. If you want to get a hair transplantation, there are a few ways you should prepare for the surgery and a few things to avoid after the procedure.
How To Prepare for Hair Transplant Surgery
- Go over specific instructions for your hair transplant surgery plan with your surgeon
- Stop smoking a week or two weeks before the surgery
- Arrange for someone to drive you home after surgery
- Plan to take a few days off of work after your surgery to take it easy and recover.
What To Avoid After Hair Transplant Surgery
Here are a few things to avoid after your hair transplant to make sure you heal quickly and correctly.
- Avoid washing your hair 48 hours after the surgery.
- Avoid scratching your scalp. It may be itchy around the surgery site but resist the urge to scratch.
- Do not apply ice directly to the transplanted areas on your head.
- Don’t sleep flat on your stomach or side, and avoid rubbing your transplanted areas on a pillow.
- No hats for the first three days.
- Do not engage in heavy activity that will cause you to sweat or raise your heart rate.
- Avoid smoking or drinking alcohol for at least five days after surgery because these activities affect your blood flow.
Taking the Next Step
Hair transplant surgery is just like any other surgery. It requires proper preparation and enough downtime to heal correctly afterward. However, the results are worth it! Be sure to follow any instructions given to you directly from your doctor, even if they are not listed here.
If you are ready to take the next step, schedule a personalized consultation with the trusted and experienced surgeons at UFP Hair Restoration!