Surgical or Non-Surgical Facial Rejuvenation: Maybe it’s an “And” Thing!
- Posted on: Nov 15 2017
We have a natural tendency to look at options and choose one. Consumer marketing has genius ways of getting us to choose this over that; one product over another. It’s as if the instinct to choose is ingrained. We can see this instinct even when it comes to correcting the signs of aging on the face. A large percentage of men and women express interest in injectables, laser and light treatments, and even thread-lifts as an alternative to facial plastic surgery.
From what we have seen in years of practice, performing a wide variety of surgical and non-surgical procedures, is that facial rejuvenation doesn’t need to “this or that.” If we are careful to consider the value of various options, we may just see that there is room for this and that.
Let’s look at a few examples:
- Excess eyelid skin makes the eyes look heavy and tired, angry and unfriendly. This may be beautifully corrected with upper blepharoplasty, a minor surgical procedure to rejuvenate the eyes. To further improve the friendly appearance of the face, BOTOX may be introduced into brow furrows between the eyes to soften these lines and smooth the central forehead.
- A soft jawline may ultimately be enhanced with a silicone chin implant. The results of minor augmentation may be maximized by using BOTOX to release the corners of the mouth into an upward slant.
- A double-chin may be reduced with neck liposuction while slightly loose skin may be tightened with Venus Viva or laser treatment.
- Rhinoplasty may reduce a hump on the bridge of the nose. Results may be complemented by dermal fillers to minimize nasolabial folds between the mouth and nose.
- Lower blepharoplasty can eliminate under eye bags, and dermal filler treatment to plump the cheeks may further rejuvenate the face.
Cosmetic treatments have a special way of enhancing overall beauty when conducted in a manner that fits the face. This is one of the reasons why Dr. Thompson is visited by patients from our local locations of Draper, Bountiful, and Layton, as well as from other states. The care that we provide seeks to go above and beyond; to achieve results that will continue to please for several years after treatment.
Learn more about facial rejuvenation by contacting an office near you.